Epilepsy: Children and Young People

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 16th April 2021.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Cat Smith Cat Smith Shadow Minister for Young People and Voter Engagement

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps he is taking to advise (a) schools, (b) colleges and (c) universities on the mental health needs of children and young people with epilepsy.

Photo of Nadine Dorries Nadine Dorries Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

Each mental health support team is expected to advise schools and colleges on the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people, including for those with epilepsy. They work alongside pre-existing mental health services and liaise with external specialist services to help children and young people receive the right support and stay in education.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.