Refugees: Biometric Residence Permits

Home Office written question – answered on 27th January 2021.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Chris Philp Chris Philp The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department

The Home Office does not keep data relating to the time it takes to deliver a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) from point of a positive decision, but it does have service level agreements (SLAs) with partners for the creation and delivery of BRPs. The Home Office can also check whether and how quickly an individual BRP was created and delivered.

The Home Office aims to deliver a BRP within 10 working days of an immigration application being approved.

The DVLA, which produces BRPs, has an SLA to complete 90% of production requests within one working day and the remaining 10% within two working days. While this was met consistently until February 2020 the impacts of Covid-19 restrictions and safe working practices have caused occasional delays of up to four working days since April.

Our delivery partner is required to attempt first delivery of 99% of BRP within two working days of collection from DVLA. This target was met up until February 2020 and is 92% since then. We are working to improve our performance in all areas.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes3 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.