Members: Correspondence

Ministry of Justice written question – answered on 14th January 2021.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lyn Brown Lyn Brown Shadow Minister (Justice)

To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, pursuant to the Answer of 7 October 2020 to Questions 96824, 96825, and 96829 on Convictions and Police Cautions: Young People, when he plans to write to the hon. Member for West Ham with the information requested.

Photo of Chris Philp Chris Philp The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department

Obtaining the necessary information to answer the questions asked on 7th October 2020, involves accessing the Police National Computer (PNC). This system can only be accessed via a fixed location in our offices. Although PNC access re-started after the first lockdown in March, work to catch up the data loading needs to be completed before these questions can be answered. Currently there is reduced capacity to do this due to the current national lockdown. I will write to the Hon Member with the information requested when this data is available and will place a copy of my letter in the Library of the House.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.