Diplomatic Service

Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office written question – answered on 11th January 2021.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Wayne David Wayne David Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs)

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs, pursuant to the Answers of 14 December 2020 to Question 127489 and 3 December 2018 to Question 196145, when his Department stopped recording the countries where the UK does not have embassies or consulate offices.

Photo of Nigel Adams Nigel Adams Minister of State (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office)

The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) maps the extent of the UK's diplomatic and consular representation overseas. This information is publicly available on Gov.uk, and was last updated in September 2020: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/list-of-foreign-office-posts. UK nationals overseas who need assistance can call any of our embassies, high commissions or consulates, or the FCO switchboard, 24/7 for advice or help.

Countries not included in the FCDO list of Posts do not have a UK diplomatic presence. The FCDO does not publish a list of countries without UK diplomatic representation as this information is publicly available by comparing the FCDO list of Posts against the official map of countries as recognised by the UN: https://www.un.org/geospatial/content/world-today.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.