Nurses: Students

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 4th December 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Alan Campbell Alan Campbell Opposition Deputy Chief Whip (Commons)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what funding is available for English students studying nursing at a university in Scotland.

Photo of Helen Whately Helen Whately Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

English domiciled students studying nursing in Scotland can receive maintenance loans and tuition fee loans from Student Finance England to contribute to their costs of study, subject to meeting the eligibility requirements.

The National Health Service learning support fund, including the new non-repayable training grant of at least £5,000 per academic year, however, is available only to students studying at English universities.

Decisions about the NHS workforce in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, including the funding that they provide for students, are a matter for the devolved administrations of those countries.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.