We are promoting local economic growth in West Sussex through:
- Over £16 million from the Getting Building Fund via the Coast to Capital LEP.
- Awarding the Coast to Capital LEP with £292 million over six years through the Local Growth Fund to drive regional development.
- Selecting Crawley as one of 101 places to develop a Town Deal with Government.
Across England, the Government is supporting local partners to deliver local economic growth through:
- A new £4 billion Levelling Up Fund for England. This will invest in local infrastructure that has a visible impact on people and their communities and will support economic recovery, with £600 million available in 2021/22.
- Providing £220 million additional UK funding to help local areas prepare over 2021/22 for introduction of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund, to support our communities to pilot programmes and new approaches.
- 101 prospective Town Deals across England as part of the £3.6 billion Towns Fund to level up towns and regions across England.
- Allocating £1 billion of the Towns Fund to support the Future High Streets Fund competition, which aims to renew and reshape town centres and high streets in a way that drives growth and ensures future sustainability.
- Delivering a minimum of 10 Freeports. Successful bidders will be announced in Spring 2021 and the first Freeports will be designated in late 2021.