To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, pursuant to the Answer of 15 September to Question 82393, which (a) Ministers and (b) officials his Department is engaging with on the implementation of the Government's obesity reduction strategy, and if he will make a statement.
Ministers and officials across Government work very closely on reducing obesity and implementing the measures set out in ‘Tackling obesity: empowering adults and children to live healthier lives’. Areas of collaboration include the Department working with:
- HM Treasury on fiscal measures including the soft drink industry levy;
- the Department for Education on early years, school food and sports in schools;
- the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport on advertising restrictions, the Nutrient Profiling Model, and broader sport and physical activity policy;
- the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government on planning;
- the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs on food labelling including the marketing and labelling of infant foods, the National Food Strategy and the Government Buying Standards for Food and Catering Services;
- the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy on regulatory measures impacting businesses;
- the Department for Transport on promoting active travel and the living streets project;
- the Department for Work and Pensions on food poverty; and
- the Department for International Trade on front-of-pack nutrition labelling.
We will continue to consider the views of a wide range of stakeholders and experts as we implement the obesity strategy and will continue to listen going forwards.