Buildings: Insulation

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 1st December 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Matthew Offord Matthew Offord Conservative, Hendon

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, whether UK Finance has officially acknowledged that leaseholders of residential properties without external cladding do not need to provide an EWS1 form to finance, remortgage or sell their properties.

Photo of Christopher Pincher Christopher Pincher Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

The EWS1 process is not a Government or regulatory requirement. Whether an EWS1 is needed is determined by lenders and the professionals valuing a building - not all lenders ask for an EWS1. The Department has come to an agreement with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) that flats in blocks without cladding do not need an EWS1 form. Government will continue to work with industry to support a more proportionate approach to valuations of flats.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No4 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.