Test and Trace Support Payment: Supply Teachers

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 1st December 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Daisy Cooper Daisy Cooper Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Education)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, whether agency supply teachers who are asked to self isolate by a school on behalf of Public Health England are eligible to apply for the Test and Trace support payment scheme without a NHS Test and Trace number.

Photo of Helen Whately Helen Whately Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

The Test and Trace Support Payment is available to people who are required to self-isolate, are on a low income and will lose income because they are unable to work from home. Applicants need to have a Test and Trace reference number to demonstrate they have been formally required to self-isolate. Where a school asks staff to self-isolate, in line with guidance given by local public health teams, the school is asked to provide NHS Test and Trace with the details of people who have been told to self-isolate. The school will then receive a notification, including a Test and Trace reference number, which any eligible staff can use to claim the Test and Trace Support Payment.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.