Housing: Insulation

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 22nd October 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Helen Hayes Helen Hayes Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office)

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, with reference to his Department's response to the e-petition entitled Free leaseholders trapped in new build properties by post-Grenfell EWS1 form and the statement in that response that building owners and managing agents should also make available relevant information to residents, lenders and potential buyers, what (a) content that information should provide and (b) form that information should take.

Photo of Christopher Pincher Christopher Pincher Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

Not all lenders request an EWS1 and we are encouraging lenders to accept a broader range of evidence to assure themselves of a building’s safety. This could include a fire risk assessment that includes external walls, a recent building control certificate, or other assurances of the building’s safety the building owner can provide.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No5 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.