Buildings: Insulation

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 15th October 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Matthew Offord Matthew Offord Conservative, Hendon

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, whether it is Government policy to require mortgage lenders to obtain a valid EWS1 form from applications to satisfy lending criteria.

Photo of Christopher Pincher Christopher Pincher Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

The External Wall System process (EWS1) is designed and implemented by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) in conjunction with mortgage lenders to assist with valuation of high-rise residential buildings. The use of the EWS1 form is determined by the lending policies of banks and building societies, although not all lenders require one. It is not a Government policy or regulatory requirement.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.