Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 15th October 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Matthew Offord Matthew Offord Conservative, Hendon

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, what support or guidance is available to leaseholders on their rights with regard to leases on residential properties.

Photo of Christopher Pincher Christopher Pincher Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

Leaseholders can seek free initial advice via the Leasehold Advisory Service, the specialist body funded by the Department to provide assistance to leaseholders. Further information on the rights of leaseholders and other leasehold matters can be provided through the website (, via a telephone appointment with one of LEASE's advisers (020 7832 2500), or by email (

There are other specialist advisers who leaseholders might want to consult including:

There are also a number of other organisations or groups who leaseholders may want to consult including:

Does this answer the above question?

Yes9 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.