Buildings: Insulation

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 15th October 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Matthew Offord Matthew Offord Conservative, Hendon

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, if he will publish guidance clarifying whether all properties require an EWS1 form for the purposes of sale or remortgage.

Photo of Christopher Pincher Christopher Pincher Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

The External Wall System form (EWS1) and process is not a Government regulatory requirement. The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) designed and implemented the EWS1 form in conjunction with mortgage lenders to assist with valuation. Use of the EWS1 form is determined by the lending policies of banks and building societies. RICS have issued guidance on the use of the EWS1 form.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.