Buildings: Insulation

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 15th October 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Matthew Offord Matthew Offord Conservative, Hendon

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, whether agreements are in place between hsi Department and the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors stating that a building owner must produce a valid EWS1 form for the purposes of sale or remortgaging.

Photo of Christopher Pincher Christopher Pincher Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

The External Wall System form (EWS1) and process is not a Government regulatory requirement. It was introduced by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) to assist in the valuation of high-rise residential buildings for mortgage purposes. Not all lenders request an EWS1 form and the Government does not support a blanket approach in EWS1 use for lower risk properties.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes3 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.