Buildings: Insulation

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 13th October 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Neil Coyle Neil Coyle Labour, Bermondsey and Old Southwark

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, what steps his Department is taking to ensure that building developers engage with settlement claims for building safety defect remediation works in a timely manner.

Photo of Christopher Pincher Christopher Pincher Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

Settlement discussions are a matter for the appropriate parties and not for the Secretary of State. However, we have engaged with developers and building owners, and the remediation of over 50 per cent of privately owned high-rise residential buildings with unsafe Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) cladding will be paid for by building owners and developers, or through warranty or insurance claims - without passing the cost to residents. Those applying to the Private Sector ACM Fund to remediate a high-rise residential building with unsafe ACM cladding and/or those applying to the Building Safety Fund to remediate unsafe non-ACM cladding are also required to demonstrate that they have taken all reasonable steps to recover the costs of replacing the unsafe non-ACM cladding from those responsible through insurance claims, warranties or legal action.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.