The number of level 2 and 3 apprenticeships started and achieved from the academic year 2009-10 to the third quarter of the academic year 2019-20 are published at the links below:
The number of apprenticeship level 2 and 3 achievements in further education colleges, and independent providers between 2014/15 and 2018/19 are published here:
Data from the above links regarding the proportion of level 2 and 3 apprenticeships achieved by further education (FE) colleges and independent providers is shown in the table below.
General FE and Tertiary College, level 2
General FE and Tertiary College, level 3
Private Sector Public Funded, level 2
Private Sector Public Funded, level 3
2) Completions of apprenticeships are published as 'Achievements'.
3) Numbers are a count of the number of achievements at any point during the academic year. Learners achieving more than one apprenticeship will appear more than once.
4) Apprenticeship achievements include all funded and unfunded learners reported on the ILR.
5) Level 2 apprenticeships are published as 'Intermediate Apprenticeship', whilst level 3 apprenticeships are published as 'Advanced Apprenticeship'.
6) Apprenticeship achievements statistics should not be used to measure percentage progress within a year. They are independent performance metrics. Typically, apprenticeships can take 2 years to complete.
7) Independent providers are published as 'Private Sector Public Funded'. FE colleges are published as 'General FE and Tertiary College'.
8) In order to be counted as a successful achievement, all elements of the framework must have been achieved.
9) 2019/20 full year provider level data will be published in November 2020.