Buildings: Insulation

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 7th October 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Gareth Thomas Gareth Thomas Shadow Minister (International Trade)

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, pursuant to the Answer of 8 September 2020 to Question 81500, what equivalent evidence could be used to demonstrate to a mortgage lender that a building is safe; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Christopher Pincher Christopher Pincher Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

Not all lenders request an EWS1 form and we are encouraging lenders to accept a broader range of evidence to assure themselves of a building’s safety. This could include a fire risk assessment that includes external walls or a recent building control certificate.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No6 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.