Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 18th September 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Kevan Jones Kevan Jones Labour, North Durham

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what steps the Government is taking to ensure the preservation of bridleways and equestrian rights of way.

Photo of Rebecca Pow Rebecca Pow The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

Local authorities are responsible for the management and maintenance of public rights of way. They are required to keep a Rights of Way Improvement Plan to plan improvements to the rights of way network in their area, which is usually available on the authority’s website. This must include an assessment of the local rights of way including the condition of the network.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No14 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.