Visas: Health Professions

Home Office written question – answered on 3rd September 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Ruth Jones Ruth Jones Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what plans she has to extend eligibility for the health and care visa to include physiotherapy and rehabilitation staff earning the equivalent of the NHS Bands 3 and 4 pay scales to help the UK meet post-covid-19 demand for rehabilitation services.

Photo of Kevin Foster Kevin Foster The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department

Those currently applying for the Health and Care Visa must meet the Tier 2 (General) immigration route requirements. Under Tier 2 (General), a migrant worker must be filling a degree level job and must be in NHS pay band 5 (or equivalent) or above.

The UK’s new Points-Based Immigration System, which will come into effect from January 2021, will change the skill level requirements – to A level and equivalent and above - and salary requirements, allowing more physiotherapy and rehabilitation staff to come to the UK under the Skilled Worker route.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.