British National (Overseas): Hong Kong

Home Office written question – answered on 3rd September 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Paul Girvan Paul Girvan Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Education), Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Transport), Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Transport)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, whether it is the Government's policy that British Nationals (Overseas) in Hong Kong who are in the UK before January 2021 will be able to apply for a 30 month stay while in the UK.

Photo of Kevin Foster Kevin Foster The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department

The Home Secretary was pleased to announce on 22 July details of a new immigration route for Hong Kong British National (Overseas) citizens. Further information can be found at:

British National (Overseas) citizens already in the UK will be able to apply from within the UK. They will have a choice of applying for a period of either 30 months (renewable for a further 30 months) or five years’ leave to remain in the UK.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.