British National (Overseas): Hong Kong

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 21st July 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Paul Girvan Paul Girvan Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Education), Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Transport), Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Transport)

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, whether the Government has received representations on establishing a scheme for British households to provide temporary accommodation for Hong Kong British Nationals Overseas who decide to move to the UK as a result of persecution by the Chinese Government.

Photo of Luke Hall Luke Hall Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

The Ministry for Housing Communities and Local Government has not received representations to provide temporary accommodation for British Nationals Overseas (BN(O)s) travelling to the UK. BN(O)s are entitled to travel to the UK and settle according to the conditions of their entry.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.