Foreign Students: Fees and Charges

Department for Education written question – answered on 13th July 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Simon Baynes Simon Baynes Conservative, Clwyd South

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what assessment his Department has made of the effect on the numbers of overseas students of the difference in tuition fees for British nationals living in Britain and those who have lived overseas for longer than three years.

Photo of Michelle Donelan Michelle Donelan Minister of State (Education)

To qualify for home fee status in England, a person must have settled status or a recognised connection to the United Kingdom and meet the relevant ordinary residence requirements. Most persons must have been ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom and Islands or, in some cases, the European Economic Area or Switzerland for the 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of their course, excluding periods of temporary absence.

No assessment has been made of the number of British nationals who do not qualify for home fee status in England by virtue of their residence.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.