State Retirement Pensions: Females

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 6th July 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jack Dromey Jack Dromey Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (Pensions)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, whether a widow is entitled to claim back underpaid state pension for periods before she was widowed.

Photo of Guy Opperman Guy Opperman The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

Holding answer received on 02 July 2020

In circumstances where it is identified that individuals are entitled to arrears of underpaid State Pension, these are paid in accordance with relevant legislation (section 1 of the Social Security Administration Act 1992) if a claim to Category BL is required, and if a claim is not required Social Security ((Claims and Payments) Regs 1987, reg 3(cb)).

Any person seeking to claim can get assistance if they call The Pension Service on its Freephone number 0800 731 0469.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.