Energy Performance Certificates: Government Departments

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 6th July 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Edward Davey Edward Davey Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Treasury), Acting Leader, Liberal Democrats, Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Social Justice)

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, how many buildings (a) occupied and (b) used by government departments have a Display Energy Certificate.

Photo of Luke Hall Luke Hall Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

The Government does not routinely hold or collect data to identify public buildings that are frequently visited by the public and which require a Display Energy Certificate (DEC) under the Energy Performance of Buildings Regulations. DECs are not required to record information that identifies a building as being occupied or used by a Government Department and frequently visited by the public. Therefore, this Department has not made an assessment of the number of buildings used or occupied by Government Departments that have a DEC.

Data on DECs for buildings occupied by public authorities over a certain size threshold and frequently visited by the public can be found at: (Table DEC1).

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.