Immigrants: Finance

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 25th June 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stephen Timms Stephen Timms Chair, Work and Pensions Committee, Chair, Work and Pensions Committee

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, pursuant to the Answer of 16 June 2020 to Question 903194 on Immigrants: Finance, what funding streams local authorities are permitted to use to offer financial support to people with no recourse to public funds; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Luke Hall Luke Hall Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

No recourse to public funds (NRPF) is a condition imposed on someone due to their immigration status. Section 115 Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 states that a person will have ‘no recourse to public funds’ if they are ‘subject to immigration control’

A person with NRPF is prohibited from accessing specified benefits and public housing. These are set out in section 115 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999. More information is available online at:

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.