Coronavirus: Disease Control

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 6th September 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Afzal Khan Afzal Khan Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what additional support is available to people infected with covid-19 who experience symptoms more than 2 weeks after diagnosis.

Photo of Rosie Cooper Rosie Cooper Labour, West Lancashire

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, whether his Department plans to (a) allocate funding and (b) provide support for rehabilitation and recovery programmes for people recovering from covid-19.

Photo of Fleur Anderson Fleur Anderson Labour, Putney

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps is he taking to support patients with long-term symptoms arising from contracting covid-19.

Photo of Helen Whately Helen Whately Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

The National Health Service and the wider scientific community are currently working to better understand the disease course of the COVID-19 virus, including the severity and duration of symptoms. The UK Research and InnovationNational Institute for Health Research ‘Rapid Response Rolling Call’ has funded a large post-hospitalisation study. The study, announced in July, will establish a national consortium and a research platform embedded within clinical care to understand and improve long-term outcomes for survivors following hospitalisation with COVID-19.

NHS England and NHS Improvement have worked with the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust to develop a digital, interactive, personalised recovery programme for people recovering from COVID-19. The new ‘Your COVID Recovery’ service, which was announced on 5 July, forms part of NHS plans to expand access to COVID-19 rehabilitation treatments for those who have survived the virus but have not fully recovered.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.