Local Government: Coronavirus

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 1st July 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stephen Morgan Stephen Morgan Shadow Minister (Defence) (Armed Forces and Defence Procurement), Shadow Minister (Defence)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps the Government taking to support local authorities in supporting families with a child who is abusing (a) drugs and (b) alcohol during the covid-19 outbreak.

Photo of Jo Churchill Jo Churchill The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

Holding answer received on 18 June 2020

Health, care and other professionals continue to have vital safeguarding functions to identify and support children and young people at risk. It is important that drug and alcohol support services are also maintained. Public Health England and the Department have published ‘COVID-19: Guidance for commissioners and providers of services to people who use drugs and alcohol’ available at the following link:


The FRANK website and helpline also continue to provide a service for people concerned about their own or others’ drug and alcohol consumption. Further information is available at the following link:


Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.