Disability: Children

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 18th June 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Daniel Poulter Daniel Poulter Conservative, Central Suffolk and North Ipswich

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps his Department is taking to permit support bubbles for families who usually receive childcare support for disabled children from members of their family residing in other households with multiple occupants.

Photo of Helen Whately Helen Whately Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

Since 1 June, people have been allowed to meet outdoors in groups of up to six from different households, (including people you do not live with) where childcare can be provided.

From 13 June, it will also be permitted for single adult households to form a support bubble with another household. People who live apart can form a bubble as long as one person in the relationship lives in a single adult household and all members of the other household are willing to form an exclusive support bubble.

Guidance on meeting people from outside of your household has been published and can be found at the following link:


The Government keeps these arrangements under regular review and the next review date is 25 June.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No4 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.