Industrial Diseases

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 11th June 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Alexander Stafford Alexander Stafford Conservative, Rother Valley

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps he is taking to support people with industrial illnesses in (a) England, (b) Yorkshire and (c) Rother Valley constituency.

Photo of Helen Whately Helen Whately Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

The Government wants everyone to be able to access National Health Service care when they need to, including those who may need treatment for industrial diseases. People who have been diagnosed with severe lung conditions should follow the advice from their healthcare professional and continue with their prescribed treatment regime.

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence has published clinical guidance that outlines advice on treatment and management for those with severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, interstitial lung diseases, dermatitis and musculoskeletal issues at the following links:!backgroundSub

The British Society of Rehabilitation Medicine has published amputee and prosthetics rehabilitation standards and guidelines at the following link:

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.