We will continue to monitor developments to understand the economic impacts of COVID-19, including on industries and sectors, and consider how the Government can best support their recovery, including that of the live entertainment industry.
The Government’s economic strategy will be closely coordinated with our public health strategy to ensure a safe return to economic activity.
Like many other sectors, the live entertainment industry has been severely impacted by COVID-19, which is why the Government has put in place an unprecedented level of support for business and workers, including:
• A 12-month business rates holiday for all eligible retail, leisure and hospitality businesses in England
• The Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Grant Fund (RLHGF)
• The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS)
• The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
• The Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS)
• The Bounce Back Loan Scheme (BBL) for small and micro enterprises
• VAT deferral for up to 12 months
• The Time To Pay scheme, through which businesses and self-employed individuals in financial distress, and with outstanding tax liabilities, can receive support with their tax affairs
• Protection for commercial leaseholders against automatic forfeiture for non-payment until June 30, 2020