Social Services: Disability

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 15th May 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Rosie Cooper Rosie Cooper Labour, West Lancashire

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, whether the Government will require local authorities to develop social care contingency plans with disabled people (a) who may develop more complex needs and (b) in the absence of family carers due to covid-19.

Photo of Helen Whately Helen Whately Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

Holding answer received on 12 May 2020

Under the Care Act 2014 and the Civil Contingencies Act 2004, local authorities must develop social care contingency plans for emergency situations.

Local authorities should consider how to respond where need has significantly changed alongside the Ethical Framework for Adult Social Care and the prioritisation guidance issued by the Department.

The Department published guidance for those who provide unpaid care to friends or family which advises carers to create an emergency plan for those they care for to use in circumstances where help from other people to deliver care may be needed. The guidance provides information on how to create an emergency plan and where to find support.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.