Pharmacy: Compensation

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 20th April 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Kennedy of Southwark Lord Kennedy of Southwark Opposition Whip (Lords), Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs), Shadow Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government), Shadow Spokesperson (Housing)

To ask Her Majesty's Government whether any claim for compensation from a pharmacist that is not in relation to COVID-19 will be covered by membership of the Pharmacists’ Defence Association or other indemnity schemes.

Photo of Lord Bethell Lord Bethell The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

Community pharmacists and pharmacy technicians are regulated healthcare professionals and must ensure they have adequate indemnity insurance cover, either personally or through their employer.

Clinical pharmacists employed in National Health Service trusts are covered by the Clinical Negligence Scheme for Trusts. Clinical pharmacists employed in general practitioner practices providing NHS services (either primary medical services under a Part 4 contract or other NHS services provided by the practice) are covered by the Clinical Negligence Scheme for General Practice.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.