Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Alcoholic Drinks and Drugs: Rehabilitation

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 21st April 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Mary Glindon Mary Glindon Opposition Whip (Commons)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps he is taking to ensure continuity of drug and alcohol treatment services during the covid-19 outbreak.

Photo of Jo Churchill Jo Churchill The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

Holding answer received on 24 March 2020

Local authorities are responsible for assessing local needs and commissioning drug and alcohol prevention, treatment and harm reduction services to meet these needs. It is important that these services are maintained during the COVID-19 pandemic. Guidance to support commissioners and providers of services for people who use drugs and alcohol during the COVID-19 pandemic is being developed as of 2 April 2020 and will be published shortly.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.