Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Refuges: Coronavirus

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 24th March 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jess Phillips Jess Phillips Labour, Birmingham, Yardley

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, if he will provide compensation for rental income lost due to the closure of a refuge service as a result of covid-19.

Photo of Luke Hall Luke Hall Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

The Government will do everything it can to support refuge providers to keep these vital services open, up and running.

Officials from my Department are in discussion with domestic abuse service providers to understand and respond to the challenges facing them as they make their contingency plans to keep refuges and other types of safe accommodation support services open and available to victims of domestic abuse and their children.

We have provided reassurance to refuge providers on key worker status for domestic abuse support workers working in refuges.

My officials will continue to work closely with and support refuge service providers.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.