Social Security Benefits

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 11th March 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Chris Stephens Chris Stephens Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Fair Work and Employment)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what steps she will take to ensure that claimants in receipt of personal independence payment (PIP) automatically receive the accompanying rates of employment and support allowance or the limited capability for work component of universal credit, including associated premiums, that fully reflect their PIP entitlement.

Photo of Justin Tomlinson Justin Tomlinson The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

Those in receipt of Personal Independence Payment may be entitled to additional premiums as part of their income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA). Whilst our ambition is to provide automated solutions to facilitate the payment of these there will always be occasions – whether because of the relative costs and benefits of a particular approach or the complexity or lifespan of the product – where this is not possible and human intervention is required. To support our people to deliver a high quality service we are undertaking regular scans of our ESA caseload to identify and eliminate error; prioritising payment related processing across sites; re-organising the delivery of our services to maximise capability and capacity and digital transformation to support delivery.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.