Cerebral Palsy

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 12th March 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Greg Smith Greg Smith Conservative, Buckingham

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what training is provided on cerebral palsy to (a) education and (b) health practitioners.

Photo of Helen Whately Helen Whately Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

For education practitioners, governing boards are required to make arrangements to support pupils with medical conditions, and to have regard to the statutory guidance ‘Supporting pupils with medical conditions at school’.

For health practitioners, general practice play a key role in the identification of disorders such as cerebral palsy, and the condition is identified as a key area of clinical knowledge in the Royal College of General Practitioners curriculum.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.