Cerebral Palsy

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 10th March 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Greg Smith Greg Smith Conservative, Buckingham

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps his Department is taking to support (a) healthcare professionals and (b) NHS England in improving data collection systems required to create a UK cerebral palsy register.

Photo of Helen Whately Helen Whately Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

NHS England has advised that there are currently no plans to establish a national register of children with cerebral palsy. As health is a devolved matter, it would be for the devolved administrations of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to make decisions about such registers in their respective countries.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.