House of Commons: Staff

House of Commons Commission written question – answered on 9th March 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Christine Jardine Christine Jardine Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Home Affairs), Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Women and Equalities)

To ask the hon. Member for Perth and North Perthshire, representing the House of Commons Commission, what the pay ranges are for House of Commons staff; and how many FTE equivalent staff are employed at each grade.

Photo of Pete Wishart Pete Wishart Chair, Scottish Affairs Committee, Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Constitution), Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Cabinet Office), Chair, Scottish Affairs Committee

The House operates three separate pay structures; Senior Commons Structure (SCS, in line with Senior Civil Service grades); Catering Staff; and the remaining staff of the House (A–E grades). There is a specialist pay range within the main A–E pay structure and a separate pay structure for former Metropolitan Police staff (MPS) that transferred into the House of Commons Service in April 2016.

Details of the numbers of FTE staff employed at each grade are shown in Annex A.

Details of the pay ranges are shown in Annexes B and C.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.