Social Services: Parents

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 10th March 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jim Shannon Jim Shannon Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Human Rights), Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Health)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, if he will take steps with the Chancellor of the Exchequer to introduce a system of tax credits for people who have young children and wish to change careers to adult social care.

Photo of Helen Whately Helen Whately Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

There are no current plans to introduce tax credits specifically for people looking to move into the care sector, but the Government is committed to working alongside employers and stakeholders in adult social care to grow and develop the workforce, with the values and skills to deliver high quality, compassionate care.

Through our continued funding of Skills for Care, the Government provides a range of resources and practical toolkits for social care providers to help them attract, train and retain staff. Over the past two years we have also run a national recruitment campaign, designed to reduce the turnover and vacancy rate in the sector by raising the profile of adult social care, encouraging potential applicants to apply for job vacancies, and highlighting opportunities for career development and progression.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.