Speech and Language Disorders: Health Services

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 2nd March 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Helen Hayes Helen Hayes Opposition Whip (Commons)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what plans his Department has to improve out-of-hospital care for patients with communication and swallowing needs.

Photo of Helen Whately Helen Whately Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

Speech and language therapists in the United Kingdom work with children and adults to help them overcome or adapt to a vast array of disorders of speech, language, communication and swallowing.

The NHS People Plan work programme is completing a review of all allied health professions. The capacity requirement is being modelled to 2024. This will look at both the current and future capacity need for the allied health professions including speech and language therapists.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.