Divers: Tax Allowances

Treasury written question – answered on 4th March 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Alex Cunningham Alex Cunningham Labour, Stockton North

To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer, if he will (a) publish and (b) take steps to review the items against which self-employed commercial divers can claim tax relief.

Photo of Jesse Norman Jesse Norman The Financial Secretary to the Treasury

HMRC do not publish guidance on specific items that can be claimed as deductions for self-employed commercial divers; nor are there plans to publish such guidance. HMRC’s Business Income Manual, available on GOV.UK, explains the general rules for allowing deductions to help people decide whether their particular expenses qualify for deduction or not. GOV.UK also gives advice to the self-employed on common expenses types that are claimed and on how to claim simplified expenses at fixed rates.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.