Visas: Entertainers

Home Office written question – answered on 27th February 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Bambos Charalambous Bambos Charalambous Opposition Whip (Commons)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, whether musicians and artistic performers from the EU will be required to obtain a temporary worker Tier 5 creative and sporting visa after the transition period.

Photo of Kevin Foster Kevin Foster The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department

Currently, visiting artists, entertainers and musicians can perform at events, take part in competitions and auditions, make personal appearances and take part in promotional activities for up to 6 months without the need for formal sponsorship or a work visa. They can also receive payment for appearance at permit free festivals for up to 6 months, or for up to one month for a specific engagement, under the Visitor route.

Artists wishing to come to the UK for longer-term work will need to do so under the points-based system. There will continue to be special arrangements for creative workers, which in future will encompass both EEA and non-EEA citizens.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No2 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.