Visas: Entertainers

Home Office written question – answered on 27th February 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Kevin Brennan Kevin Brennan Shadow Minister (Digital, Culture, Media and Sport) (Arts and Heritage)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, pursuant to her oral contribution of 24 February 2020 Official Report column 35, whether it is her policy that touring (a) musicians and (b) performers from EU countries will require Tier 5 visas from January 2021.

Photo of Kevin Foster Kevin Foster The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department

Currently, visiting artists, entertainers and musicians can perform at events, take part in competitions and auditions, make personal appearances and take part in promotional activities for up to 6 months without the need for formal sponsorship or a work visa. They can also receive payment for appearance at permit free festivals for up to 6 months, or for up to one month for a specific engagement, under the Visitor route.

Artists wishing to come to the UK for longer-term work will need to do so under the points-based system. There will continue to be special arrangements for creative workers, which in future will encompass both EEA and non-EEA citizens.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.