Buildings: Insulation

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 27th February 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Steve Reed Steve Reed Shadow Minister (Education) (Children and Families)

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, pursuant to the Answer of 6 February 2020 to Question 11605 on Buildings: Insulation, whether the Government plans to provide councils with additional support to help identify the persons responsible for individual buildings with unsafe cladding.

Photo of Christopher Pincher Christopher Pincher Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

Local authorities and housing associations have been asked to undertake a data collection exercise on residential buildings 18 metres and over in height to identify their external wall systems. The responsibility for collecting and providing information for the data collection lies with local authorities and housing associations.

The Department published a technical note on 18 July 2019 to provide local authorities and housing associations with additional support in identifying the details of external wall systems of buildings above 18 metres. Subsequently, in September 2019 we announced the provision of £4 million new burdens funding to support local authorities with the data collection.

The Department is in regular contact with local authorities and housing associations to support them as they carry out the data collection.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.