The Government is committed to levelling up the entire country and giving towns, cities and communities across the UK real power and investment to drive the growth of the future and unleash their full potential.
We have taken action to encourage local growth in Crawley that includes:
- The opportunity to receive up to £25 million from the Towns Fund as one of the 100 places selected to develop a Town Deal with Government;
- £24 million from the Local Growth Fund, supporting infrastructure, regeneration and skills projects;
- Advice and support to 40 Crawley small businesses in the last financial year from Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership’s Growth Hub.
Across the UK the Government is supporting local partners to deliver local economic growth and prosperity through:
- £12 billion of investment by 2021 through the Local Growth Fund in England in infrastructure, skills and innovation projects;
- Devolving powers and funding to eight Metro Mayors, with ongoing negotiations for new devolution deals across the North;
- Commitments to the Northern Powerhouse, Midlands Engine and Oxford-Cambridge Arc, as well as local industrial strategies being developed by Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) across England to drive growth across their areas;
- Town Deals from the £3.6 billion Towns Fund and investment in our High Streets;
- City and Growth Deals worth £10 billion in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland;
- Developing a UK Shared Prosperity Fund to tackle inequality and deprivation in each of our four nations.