Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Disabled Facilities Grants

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 19th February 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Rosie Cooper Rosie Cooper Labour, West Lancashire

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, what steps his Department is taking to ensure access to the Disabled Facilities Grant for older tenants and their landlords in the private rented sector.

Photo of Luke Hall Luke Hall Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

Anyone can apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant, including people living in private rented accommodation, subject to a means test and an assessment of need. Tenure should not impact a person’s ability to access the home adaptations they need. The Government also funds Foundations, the national body for home improvement agencies. Foundations works closely with local authorities to promote best practice in the delivery of home adaptations, including providing information and advice to older people living in private rented accommodation and their landlords.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes4 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.