Floods: Insurance

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 13th February 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Richard Holden Richard Holden Conservative, North West Durham

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what steps the Government is taking to ensure that people requiring insurance protection offered by FloodRE are able to switch insurance supplier.

Photo of Rebecca Pow Rebecca Pow The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

Flood Re is a flood reinsurance scheme designed to improve the availability and affordability of flood insurance for households at high flood risk. Flood Re does not deal directly with homeowners, but instead allows insurance companies to pass on the high flood risk element of household insurance policies to them for a below market rate set premium. Flood Re is available through more than 85 insurance brands representing 94% of the home insurance market. We encourage homeowners to shop around to get the best deal for their home insurance.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes3 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.