High Rise Flats: Insulation

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 27th February 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Steve Reed Steve Reed Shadow Minister (Education) (Children and Families)

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, what steps his Department is taking to ensure that insulation concealed behind render in External Wall Insulation systems is correctly identified in the audit of high-rise buildings.

Photo of Christopher Pincher Christopher Pincher Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

Local authorities have been asked to undertake a data collection exercise on residential buildings 18 metres and over in height to identify their external wall systems – including their external facing materials and their insulation. The responsibility for collecting and providing information for the data collection lies with local authorities and housing associations. Local authorities have powers under Section 235 of the Housing Act 2004 to require building owners to provide documentation. This may be used to require information on the external wall system of a building, which includes insulation. New burdens funding has been provided to local authorities to offer support for the completion of the External Wall Systems data collection.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.