Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Buildings: Insulation

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 12th February 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Vicky Foxcroft Vicky Foxcroft Shadow Minister (Digital, Culture, Media and Sport) (Civil Society)

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, pursuant to the Answer of 3 February 2020 to Question 8384 on Buildings: Fire Prevention, whether the Independent Expert Advisory Panel plans to provide any advice to leaseholders in buildings with (a) ACM cladding and (b) exterior cladding systems not yet tested by the owner of those buildings.

Photo of Esther McVey Esther McVey Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

The role of the Independent Expert Advisory Panel (IEAP) is to advise the Secretary of State on measures that should be taken relating to fire and building safety in existing buildings. Following the IEAP’s advice, updated advice has been issued to building owners on measures they should take to ensure building safety. Leaseholders can access free initial specialist advice to understand their rights through the Leasehold Advisory Service (LEASE):

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.