Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Disabled Students' Allowances

Department for Education written question – answered on 10th February 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Sharon Hodgson Sharon Hodgson Shadow Minister (Public Health)

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, if he will undertake an equality impact assessment of transferring to higher education providers responsibility for (a) administering and (b) setting the level of disabled students' allowance.

Photo of Chris Skidmore Chris Skidmore Minister of State (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (Universities and Science) (Joint with the Department for Education)

​The levels of Disabled Students’ Allowances available to students are set in the Education (Student Support) Regulations. The department undertakes, and publishes, an Equality Analysis each time it lays amendments to these Regulations.

​No decision has been made to transfer the administration of Disabled Students’ Allowances to Higher Education Providers.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.